Friday, June 24, 2011

Can anyone give me a definitive list of the most popular jukebox (bar) songs?

I am a foreigner living in the US (and will be here for a few years)
and although I have been well familiarized with American music since
my childhood, I feel lost when I go to bars and cannot recognize the
songs played from the jukebox. My kinda music is more like hip-hop,
dance pop and alternative rock. I admit, I am not a huge fan of rock
and roll or classical rock and so not anywhere close to being
comprehensive in my knowledge of American music. Nonetheless, I would
love to give all the popular songs played at the bars a try. For
instance, I like Don't Stop Believing by Journey, Sweet Caroline -
Neil Diamond and several of Led Zeppelin's and Pink Floyd's songs. I
came to know about the first two songs through jukeboxes and did like
them. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could give me a list, a
definitive one if possible, of some of the most popular songs in the
US that people usually sing along with. I am talking about songs like
Don't Stop Believing, Sweet Child o Mine, Pour Some Sugar on Me, Sweet
Caroline etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment